As musicians nurture their own skills, they develop the ability to share their music with others. Playing as part of an ensemble will enhance skills and musicianship and is also a lot of fun!
Registered students will be grouped with classmates to form chamber ensembles, duos, trios and vocal ensembles. Students will learn their part with the support of their private instructor, and receive coaching in ensemble performance in preparation for their performance at Arts Commons for the Morin formal student recitals.
- Students of all instruments and vocalists throughout Calgary’s musical community are welcome to participate.
- There is no age requirement, however students should be a minimum intermediate playing level to both benefit from and contribute to their ensemble group.
- Students are required to be available for all rehearsal dates (times will be assigned following registration) as well as the final performance
Semester 1 Registration Dates:
Semester One Registration deadline: October 15th, 2021
Coaching Sessions (Times assigned following Registration):
- November 2021: 13th, 20th, 27th
- December 2021: 4th, 11th, 20th
- January 2022: 8th, 15th
- November 2021: 14th, 21st, 28th
- December 2021: 5th, 12th, 19th
- January 2022: 9th, 16th
Final Performances: Saturday January 22nd and Sunday, January 23rd at Winter Student Recitals (Performance Times TBA)
(Please note 3% Credit Card Processing fee applied for online registration)
*Fees include all coaching sessions with rehearsals, as well as final year end performance
*Exact time of coaching sessions and performances will be assigned following registration after ensemble groups are assigned